UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
This entry level position in our Middletown, PA office performs general natural gas utility tasks. Employees will qualify through training and experience to do all pipe fitting and utility tasks including: gas meter turn-ons, building/installing single and multiple gas meter sets, meter changes, service shut offs, and responding to gas odor complaints/CO complaints/fire calls, and facility damages. The Utility A will perform after hours on-call responsibilities when qualified. Employees will enter a four-tiered progression and must complete training and experience to qualify for progression to the Mechanic II level. Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Pipe fitting
- Gas service turn-on's and shut off's
- Meter change outs/replacements
- Facility locating
- Emergency response
Education and Experience
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and general health physical and physical abilities test.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Possess a valid PA Driver's license with safe driving history.
- Must live within the service territory of the job location.
- Mechanical ability and ability to do physical labor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in pipe fitting, plumbing, HVAC installation or a related field.
- Associate degree in plumbing, HVAC, or related field a plus.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.