Located in Danville, PA Hiring for all positions full-time, part-time and PRN days and nights available
At Geisinger Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital, we are committed to helping our patients regain independence after a life-changing illness or injury. Serving the city of Danville and Northeast and Central Pennsylvania, we are a leading provider of inpatient rehabilitation for stroke, brain injury and other complex neurological and orthopedic conditions. Rehab Nursing Tech I Career Opportunity Experience patient connection as it was meant to be.
Little things mean a lot as a Rehabilitation Nurse Technician I at Encompass Health. Compassion and attention to detail have a big impact on patient outcomes and the connections you make. Caring for patients with us, you'll have time to build relationships and enjoy the rewards of helping people get back to life as normal. Apply today and experience the difference the latest technology, a range of career opportunities, and working among like-minded peers can make. A little about us: We're a Nurse-first organization. Whether you're building a foundation in your early career or you're a seasoned rehab nurse looking for a better environment to call home, we're confident you'll see the Encompass difference the moment you join. Recently named one of the World's Most Admired Companies and a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, you'll find we're not your ordinary rehab hospital. Learn more when you apply here! Our benefits start on day one:
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans for full and part-time employees and their families begins the same day you do
- Generous paid time off accrues over time
- Tuition reimbursement and continuing education opportunities
- Company-matching 401(k) and employee stock purchase plans
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- A flexible schedule lets you live your best life.
- Dedicated career framework path to progress to RNT II,III and IV roles
Be the kind of Rehab Nursing Tech you've always wanted to be:
- A welcoming community of people who love what they do
Certifications and Licensures:
- Provide direct patient care based on your level of training and competence
- Assist an RN or LPN in completing patient-care support tasks
- Learn about each patient's physical, mental, and emotional needs as you help them recover
- Build rewarding relationships with patients and peers
- Have opportunities to learn, grow, advance, and build skills that build careers
The Encompass Way
- Current CPT Certification required
- One or more years of experience in an inpatient rehabilitation hospital setting preferred, but not required
- Experience with medically complex patients and sub-acute rehab unit patients preferred
- State-issued C.N.S. or L.N.A. (or similar) license preferred
We proudly set the standard for excellence in care, leading with empathy, doing what's right, focusing on the positive, and remaining stronger together. We're a recognized, trusted leader in post-acute care with a strong presence in over 38 states and 35,000 exceptional people.
Encompass Health is proud of our welcoming and inclusive culture. We offer equal employment opportunities regardless of a person's race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, color, creed, age, mental disability, physical disability or any other protected classification. We can't wait to meet with you and we mean that.
License or Certification:
- CPR certification required.
Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if applicable.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment. Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be required.
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID badge.
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts.
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Address:
64 Rehab Lane, Danville 17821Schedule: